Experienced Palm Springs Workers’ Compensation Attorney
After a workplace injury, you will need the representation of a well-versed law firm to obtain the compensation you deserve.
Work-related accidents can be extremely painful, and recovery can take an extended period of time. If you or someone you love was injured while at work, the accident can cause confusion and emotional distress. Unfortunately, many work-related accidents also result in economic hardship.
While the State of California protects certain workers’ right to compensation after a work-related accident, obtaining fair compensation can be difficult. As a result, obtaining the legal support of an established Palm Springs, CA workers’ compensation lawyer is necessary. Castillo & Associates are work injury attorneys who have decades of experience, and hundreds of millions of dollars in compensation recovered.
Schedule a Free Consultation With an Skilled Work Injury Lawyer Today
Workers’ compensation benefits were set to help injured workers elevate their quality of life in their time of need and to provide monetary relief for medical expenses. The workers’ compensation claim process, however, is very complex and it can also be lengthy. With one single mistake, a claim can be denied. Fortunately, going through the claims process can be made easier with the support of a well-versed workers’ compensation attorney.
Castillo & Associates are exceptionally qualified in workers’ compensation claims. Our work injury lawyers serve Palm Springs, CA & the local low desert community and have a proven track record of helping injured workers obtain the compensation they needed in their healing process. The law firm understands that following a workplace accident, many employers and their insurance companies will refuse to give injured workers the benefits they need to pay for medical expenses and the loss of income. Even when an employer provides the injured employee with benefits, the injured worker will likely receive a low-balled settlement for their injuries. For these reasons, Castillo & Associates works aggressively to ensure their clients obtain the benefits they need in their recovery. After a workplace injury, consider obtaining the support of Castillo & Associates by calling (760) 863-4800 today.
Types of Workers’ Compensation Benefits
When an accident occurs while at work, financial compensation and other benefits may be available for the injured worker. Depending on the type of injury, this may include the following benefits:
- Medical and Hospital Benefits – According to California Labor Code §4600, certain employers in the state have an obligation to finance medical care for employees who have been injured while at work. There are, however, a few limitations to this. For instance, the duration of benefits and the amount of medical treatment that must be provided will depend on a variety of factors, including type of injury sustained. Nonetheless, employers must provide medical care to workers who can prove the existence of their injury.
In accordance with Labor Code §4600, the following medical treatments must be covered:
- Medical evaluations,
- Chiropractic, and
- Hospital treatment
Additionally, medical supplies, prosthetics, and orthotic devices may be provided. Every medical treatment, however, must follow medical guidelines, including the Medical Treatment Utilization Schedule, which is published in the state’s Division of Workers’ Compensation.
- Temporary Disability – When a workplace injury causes a temporary disability, state law provides that Temporary Partial Disability or Temporary Total Disability may be obtained. These benefits are set to help workers financially as they face a loss of wages during their period of disability. Moreover, these benefits are available for injured workers who have been disabled for a period of three days or more or have been hospitalized overnight.
Temporary Total Disability benefits are usually equal to two-thirds of the employee’s average weekly gross pre-tax wages. It is worth noting that the state sets weekly minimum and maximum amounts. For instance, if two-thirds of the employee’s earnings exceed the maximum, then the injured worker may receive less than two-thirds.
Temporary Partial Disability benefits are available for injured workers who can perform limited work tasks or can otherwise perform duties that have been modified. When an employee is paid less during his or her disability period, he or she may be eligible for Temporary Partial Disability benefits. For the most part, these benefits are two-thirds of the injured worker’s lost wages.
- Permanent Disability Benefits – When a worker is unable to completely recover after an accident or has suffered a permanent loss of his or her mental or physical faculties, the employee may become eligible for permanent disability benefits. Many factors that can affect the amount of money an injured worker receives, including:
- The worker’s age,
- The extent of injury and impairment,
- The type of medical condition,
- The workers’ occupation,
- The workers’ income prior to the accident, and
- The degree to which the employer can be held responsible
Contact the Support of a Qualified Workers’ Compensation Attorney Today
If you or a loved one has been injured while at work, obtaining workers’ compensation benefits may provide relief in a time of need. Unfortunately, receiving a fair amount of compensation can be difficult to obtain. To ensure the appropriate benefits are obtained, contact the legal support of a qualified workers’ compensation lawyer serving Palm Springs today.
Castillo & Associates is a prominent law firm, highly experienced in workers’ compensation cases. The firm excels in helping injured workers receive the benefits they are owed under state law. For a free initial consultation, contact Castillo & Associates at (760) 863-4800 today.