Accomplished Personal Injury Lawyers in Pomona, CA
An accident can change your life in a matter of seconds. When the accident was caused by another, contact the support of an attorney you can depend on.
If you have been injured in an accident, you may be able to recover financial compensation by filing a personal injury claim. These claims are filed over bodily harm that has resulted from the recklessness or negligence of a person, organization, company, or government agency. Consider speaking to a knowledgeable attorney who is well-versed in personal injury cases and can help you navigate the complex process of filing a claim. With the support of a proficient legal counsel, you may be able to maximize the amount of compensation available.
Fight For Your Right to a Fair Compensation With the Support of a Qualified Attorney
With more than 30 years of dedicated legal experience, the attorneys at Castillo & Associates are highly versed in the most complex personal injury cases in Southern California. Having helped well over 10,000 accident victims, the firm has established a strong reputation in successfully helping clients recover the monetary compensation they deserve. Following a negligent accident, consider contacting the attorneys at Castillo & Associates for a free initial consultation.
Accidents in the City of Pomona That May Give Rise to a Personal Injury Claim
When an accident has been caused as a result of another’s negligence, there may be grounds to file a personal injury claim. Typical accidents that may result in a personal injury lawsuit involve the following:
- Car accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Dog bites
- Slip, trip, & fall accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Wrongful death
Personal Injury Lawsuits – Damages Available
In the event of an accident, compensation may be available by filing a personal injury claim. The amount and type of compensation available will depend on the specifics of your case. For the most part, the following forms of compensation may be available:
- Past and present medical expenses
- Future medical care, such as the need for at-home treatment, rehabilitation, or surgery
- Loss of income while in recovery
- Loss of earning capacity in the event of permanent disability
- Reimbursement for hired support required after the accident
- Physical pain and anguish associated with the injury
- Trauma resulting from the accident
- Mental distress or other physiological disorder developed following the accident
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Punitive Damages, or Exemplary Damages
- These damages are rarely available but will be awarded to punish the defendant for outrageous behavior
- These damages can also be awarded when a judge seeks to deter others of a similar wrongdoing
Understanding what type of damages you may be eligible for is a complicated process that may sometimes require legal knowledge. For example, you may find difficulty in asserting a monetary value on your loss of quality of life following the accident. Consider speaking to a knowledgeable attorney who can guide you through this challenging process.
Possible Liable Parties in a Personal Injury Claim
When you have been injured in an accident, establishing liability is critical in your ability to recover compensation. In a personal injury claim, it may be possible to divvy liability to multiple at-fault parties. After an accident, collecting and safeguarding evidence can ensure one’s ability to ascertain liability. The following are common accidents where more than one party may be held accountable:
- Car accidents, where possible liable parties include the driver who was speeding and the city who did not repair the broken stop sign.
- Dog bite cases, where the dog owner can be held responsible for the attack and the landlord may be held accountable for keeping a dangerous animal in the property.
- Product defect cases, where the automaker can be held accountable for manufacturing a defective product and the dealership for selling defective products.
Depending on the facts of each individual case, appropointment of responsibility may be possible. Speak to a well-versed attorney who can help you establish liability.
Personal Injury Cases Can Be Complex – Hire Legal Guidance You Can Depend On
If you were injured in an accident, it is likely that you will undergo many changes in your life. Depending on the severity of your injuries, you may face the inability to return to work, extreme physical pain, emotional anguish, and even serious financial concern. As an accident victim, you may be able to recover monetary compensation from the at-fault party, which can make a meaningful difference in your recovery. Speak to an attorney who has the right experience and can help you maximize the amount of damages available.
The attorneys at Castillo & Associates have an acute understanding of the complexity that exists in personal injury cases. With more than three decades of dedicated experience, the firm works tirelessly to protect the rights and interests of accident victims. Obtain a personalized, risk-free consultation by contacting the attorneys at Castillo & Associates today.