Accomplished Truck Accident Attorneys in Pomona, CA
Truck accidents can have lifelong consequences. You have a right to financial recovery; speak to a skilled attorney today.
Truck accidents are some of the most dangerous traffic accidents, usually causing catastrophic injuries in every case. According to recent data published by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, large-truck accidents have seen an increase in fatalities, even as there has been a general downward trend in other types of traffic accidents. When compared to 2017, large-truck fatalities have seen an increase of 0.8 percent. The total number of large-truck fatalities in 2018 was 885, the highest since 1988.
If you or someone you know was involved in a traffic accident involving a semi-truck, there may be an opportunity to recover compensation for the injuries sustained. Filing a claim against a truck driver or the company that employs him or her, however, can be a challenge. The truck industry employs insurance companies that work aggressively to downplay victims’ claims with the purpose of reducing settlement amounts or completely avoid paying victims anything. Speak to a knowledgeable attorney who is well-familiarized with these difficult cases as soon as possible.
Dedicated Law Firm Serving the City of Pomona
The truck accident attorneys at Castillo & Associates have successfully helped thousands of victims recover compensation after an accident. Having worked with leading insurance companies and exceptional experience in handling a wide-variety of multi million dollar cases, the law firm has the skills and knowledge to aggressively defend accident victims. Following a semi-truck accident, obtain the legal support of a dedicated attorney who can advocate on your behalf and protect against deceitful insurance companies. Consider contacting the support of the attorneys at Castillo & Associates today.
Damages Available Following Trucking Accidents
In the aftermath of a big rig accident, many accident victims face a variety of challenges in their personal life. Some of the most dire consequences involve physical pain, emotional distress, and financial difficulty. By filing a personal injury claim against the careless truck driver or company, it may be possible to obtain financial compensation. Depending on the facts of the case, the following damages may be awarded:
- Reimbursement for past and current medical expenses, including treatment, therapy, and prescription medication
- Compensation for future medical costs, such as the need for at-home medical care or surgery
- Reimbursement for the loss of income while in recovery
- Compensation for the loss of earning capacity in the event of permanent damage
- Compensation for the loss of future benefits, such as retirement and medical benefits
- Compensation for pain and suffering and the loss of quality of life
When the truck accident has caused the death of a loved one, the victim’s family may have legal grounds to file a wrongful death claim against the at-fault truck driver or truck company. Some of the damages available to the family may include:
- The accident victim’s accumulated medical costs before his or her passing
- Funeral costs
- Burial or cremation expenses
- Compensation for the loss of affection, love, guidance, and companionship
- Compensation for the loss of household duties the accident victim regularly performed, such as property maintenance and child care
- Loss of marital consortium
When the accident involved an egregious act, the victim or his or her survivors may be awarded punitive damages. These damages are set to punish the responsible party for his or her wrongful actions.
Identifying Possible Responsible Parties in an Accident
Seeking compensation in the aftermath of a trucking accident can be a challenge, and this is in great part as a result of the multiple parties that could be held accountable for the accident. The trucking industry is vast, and generally involves many different parties. When an accident happens, thorough investigations are necessary in order to determine who is responsible. A majority of truck accident claims involve the following parties:
- The owner of the truck
- The driver of the truck
- The trucking company
- The company that designed or manufactured the truck
- The company responsible for maintaining the truck
- The company responsible for making repairs to the truck
- The company that loaded the truck
- The party that designed or is responsible for maintaining the road where the accident occurred
All of the aforementioned parties can be held accountable for the role they played in causing or contributing to the accident. Depending on the facts of your case, you may be able to hold multiple parties responsible for your injuries.
Obtain the Compensation You Deserve – Speak to a Knowledgeable Attorney Today
Being injured in a trucking accident can affect your life in many different ways. As an injured victim, you have the legal right to pursue justice and seek restitution from the at-fault party. Speak to a knowledgeable attorney who can investigate your case and help you obtain the financial compensation you deserve.
The personal injury attorneys at Castillo & Associates have over 30 years of dedicated experience in complex truck accident claims. If you have been injured in a trucking accident, filing a claim is subject to strict time limitations; act quickly and seek the legal guidance of an attorney you can depend on. Contact the support of the attorneys at Castillo & Associates.