Experienced Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in Riverside, CA | Nearly $300 Million Recovered
Castillo & Associates
Do you need to apply for, or were you recently denied workers’ compensation benefits?
Castillo & Associates is a workers’ compensation & personal injury law firm in Riverside, CA serving clients in Corona, Jurupa Valley, Eastvale, Norco, Moreno Valley, Beaumont & Banning, Grand Terrace, Hemet, Temecula, Murrieta and has 5 offices to serve clients throughout Southern California. Learn more about our personal injury practice. Our law firm has been fighting for the rights of workers for over 30 years, put our expertise to work for you!
The workers’ compensation system in the State of California was designed to help workers who have been injured while at work. In theory, the workers’ compensation system was designed to provide workers with the resources they need to recuperate, as soon as the accident has occurred.
Through the workers’ compensation system, workers can receive benefits that will provide them with the medical treatment they need to heal from their injuries or illness. Another equally important benefit is that the system will replace the earnings the worker may have lost while taking the time needed to improve their well-being.
Regrettably, the workers’ compensation system does not work that way for everyone. When an accident or work-related illness develops, many workers who file a claim come to find that their benefits have been low-balled or that they are ineligible to obtain benefits at all. If this has happened to you, you need to seek the support of a qualified Riverside workers’ compensation lawyer who can help you obtain the benefits you need.
A Skilled Attorney Can Help You Navigate the System
If you have suffered a work-related injury or developed an illness because of your job duties, you should be able to receive the benefits you need to get you through this difficult period. Unfortunately, many workers are left with mountain medical bills and the inability to earn a living after being injured at work. The workers’ compensation system is complex and it oftentimes requires the legal support of a skilled attorney who can defend your right to benefits.
Castillo & Associates are Riverside work injury attorneys that understand that when a worker has been injured on the job, their ability to obtain workers’ compensation benefits can make a significant difference in their ability to heal. Our law firm has over three decades of experience advocating for the rights of injured workers throughout Southern California. Obtain a free consultation by contacting the firm today.
Available Benefits Though a Workers’ Compensation Claim
By filing a workers’ comp claim with your employer, you may be able to qualify for the following benefits:
- Medical treatment for the injury;
- Temporary disability, which are payments set to compensate a worker while he or she is in recovery;
- Permanent Benefits, which are payments set to compensate a worker who is no longer able to return to work or is unable to make a complete recovery;
- Vocational rehabilitation, which is offered to workers who need to be retrained or need skill enhancement after an injury; and/or
- Death benefits, which are benefits given to the workers’ family in the event of his or her passing.
Workers Typically Covered By Workers’ Compensation Benefits
It is likely that you are covered for workers’ compensation, regardless of whether you are employed under a contract. A covered employee can include:
- Workers who are employed on a part-time basis,
- Workers who are undocumented, and
- Residential workers, who are eligible if they earn over $100 and typically work more than 52 hours in a 90-day period
People who are typically not covered under the state’s workers’ compensation program include:
- Federal workers, who under the Federal Employee Compensation Act, are covered under a separate system,
- Independent contractors, who are not considered employees, and
- Volunteers, such as volunteer firefighters
Injuries Typically Covered By a Workers’ Compensation Claim
Injuries or illnesses that have been caused as a result of working conditions are usually covered by workers’ compensation insurance. Some of the most commonly covered injuries include:
- Specific trauma injuries, which involve injuries that result from a single incident;
- Continuous trauma injuries, which are injuries that result from a repetitive motion;
- Illness developed from a harmful exposure, such as the continuous exposure to asbestos; and
- Emotional distress, that can result as a consequence of an extraordinary event.
Claims Are Not Always Accepted. When This Happens, Speak to a Knowledgeable Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Riverside, California
If you have filed for workers’ comp benefits and have received a denied claim or have been given reduced benefits, you have the legal right to dispute the decision. In order to do this, you will need to file an Application for Adjudication of Claim with the California Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board. During this process, you will have the option to request for a hearing.
If your claim has been denied, it is critical that you speak with one of the Riverside workers’ compensation attorneys at Castillo & Associates – located near the Arlington Ave. & Magnolia Ave. intersection.
The workers’ compensation system in California is handled through a network of insurance companies. These for-profit businesses will work aggressively toward paying injured workers the least amount as possible. When you have suffered a work-related injury or illness, obtain the support of a qualified attorney who can represent you throughout the claims process.
The workers’ comp lawyers at Castillo & Associates work tirelessly to ensure injured workers receive the benefits they need to make a full recovery. Having worked alongside major insurance companies such as Allstate, Fireman’s Fund Ins Company, CIGNA Property & Casualty and Fremont Compensation Insurance Company, the firm is well-aware of the tactics insurance companies and employers use to deny workers benefits. Following a work-related grievance, speak to an experienced Riverside work injury lawyer at Castillo & Associates.